9 Şubat 2012 Perşembe

I know it from somewhere (!)

In the book it said that Stanley had never been to a camp before. So that he chose going to Camp Green Lake instead of going to prison. "Stanley Yelnats was given a choice. The judge said, "You may go to jail, or you may go to Camp Green Lake." Stanley was from a poor family. He had never been to a camp before." (p.9  l.18-20 ) As I read through the pages of the book, I remembered my childhood. It was my first summer camp. Actually it was a sports camp but still I had to go to a mountain for two weeks and do training there. The difference between Stanley and me is that he didn't know what kind of camp he was going to. He only heard summer camps from his friends. "The camps" that he heard about were camps for fun. The children played games there and did many other activities. But I knew where I was going and what I was going to do there. Still  it felt strange (and a bit of scary) being away from home for two weeks.  But I made new friends there (just like Stanley did) and had much of a fun. Also in our camp there was no hierarchy so everyone was equal.
(212 words)
  

2 yorum: