I want to start writing my blog, writing my first impressions about the book "Holes". (by Louis Sachar) When I first started reading the book, I understood that finally we were given an enjoyable book to read, by one of the teachers. Before this one, our books were usually boring so we were not very happy reading them as homework. But only this time it was different.
When I read about Stanley and that he never went to a camp before, I thought about my first summer camp and how I felt. Being away from my family for two weeks (two looooooong weeks!) made me feel scary at the beginning but I remember getting used to it on the second day.
I felt a bit sorry for Stanley when I read that he was going to Camp Green Lake for a crime he didn't commit. But then as I kept reading I understood that if it didn't happen, the story wouldn't exist, (don't have to be a genious to understand that) so I stopped being sorry for him. Also there were questions in my mind that I would like to learn the answers in the following chapters of the book. Here are the questions:
1-was there really a curse on the Yelnats family because of Stanley's (the 4th) no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather?
2-What was waiting for Stanley at Camp Green Lake?
3-Would Stanley be able to survive there?
4-Why were the yellow-spotted lizards more dangerous than the rattlesnakes?
5-How did they treat the kids at Camp Green Lake?
(265 words)
By the way, here are some of the covers of the books that have been published so far:
By the way, here are some of the covers of the books that have been published so far:
I can't say much about your first entry but I have to say that I loved your blog title: Dig Stanley Dig is a great name for that blog:)
YanıtlaSilThanks for different covers. (How many different covers are there in internet? :) thewaystanleydigs (also good). Do you think first entry is the hardest? or second? Like in "Holes".
YanıtlaSilI didn't know that there is a turkish version of the book. It's intersitng :) By the way you wrote some useful questions that are important. I liked them.
YanıtlaSil